Dr. White Receives Frist Humanitarian Award.
Read More >>
“Operation Walk” – Autumn 2010
A Second Successful Mission Trip – Guatemala
Once again this year Dr. White completed a successful mission trip to a small town in Guatemala. Joined by employees of the operating room of Doctors Hospital of Sarasota as well as other surgeons from Miami, Philadelphia, and Pittsburgh, 57 hip and knee replacements were accomplished over a five-day period for a deserving indigent population of Guatemala. Each person traveling to the mission trip was responsible for the expenses of his/her own trip plus a portion of the shipping expenses for the implants.
After an exhausting day of clinic evaluations and narrowing 100 or so well-deserving candidates down to just over 50, we proceeded over the next four days with the intricate surgeries with an all-volunteer group of physicians, nurses, physician assistants, surgical technicians, physical therapists, translators, and local volunteers.
It is Dr. White’s belief that one must use his or her own talents for those less fortunate. Otherwise, these people might have no chance at just being able to walk independently.
Below are some of the pictures from that mission trip
- Anterior Supine Intermuscular (ASI) Hip Replacement
- Smaller Incision Hip Surgery
- Conservative Hip Replacement
- Newer Trabecular Metal Cup Backing
- Metal, Ceramic, or Cross-Linked Polyethylene Articulating Surfaces
- Smaller Incision Knee Surgery
- Gender-Specific Knee Replacement
- Partial Knee Replacement (Patellofemoral)
- Partial Knee Resurfacing (Single Compartment)
- Advanced Total Knee Replacement
- Patient Specific Instrumentation Through MRI Navigation